Participates in the analysis of information systems problems and the development of solutions to those problems. Responsible for working with user personnel on problem areas to define pertinent specifications for applications. Performs data base design, program design, coding and other programming tasks from general directions. Specifies the required logical interface between related programs or processes. Defines and corrects operational difficulties encountered in executing programs. Communicates effectively at team level.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents and installs modified and new programs.
- Uses coding methods for specific programming language to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and to reach optimum hardware utilization.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and responds to errors and emergency problems.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted by I.T. manager.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards.
- Analyzes end users data needs and develops user oriented solutions which interface with existing applications
- Designs systems, programs and coordinates the review of specification, user sign-off process, and the development of user manuals
- Coordinates all aspects of implementation and training to support new programs/system
- Assists operations staff in the set up, testing and support of intricate hardware installations
- Designs, records and report formats.
- Designs, programs, tests, implements and documents program logic.
- Designs program controls and control procedures.
Training and Experience:
Education – Requires Bachelor’s degree or technical certification in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Familiarity with all aspects of data processing and management information systems and interrelations
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Communicates effectively with users of Information Systems services
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule
- Recognizes processing/programming inefficiencies and recommends improvements
- Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
2336 N Wayne Ave.
Chicago IL 60614
Related job postings
Submit your resume | Email This Post