The Director of Enterprise Technology leads and directs the development and execution of system architecture, interface development, application development, technology infrastructure and R&D efforts. The Director is also responsible for communicating technology and business philosophy, methodology and capabilities to current and potential clients, as well as across all departments, business units and service lines.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Technology Business Management – Manage the growth and development of 3 technology teams: Tech Operations, Help Desk/Application Engineering and Enterprise Applications/Systems. Ensure technology matches both the strategic and business needs of the company.
- Agile Software Development Process – Be the process leader that champions the continued evolutionary improvement of Agile best practices across the company. Partner with development teams for the continuous process improvement to increase the efficiencies of deliverables across multiple organizations.
- Development – Provide best-practices mentorship in software development & test methodologies, design & code reviews, configuration management, post-partum reviews, defect tracking/reporting, selection of software tools and schedule & resource estimation. Coordinate with the Technology Audit Committee to review and plan committee recommendations.
- Technology Project Management – Plan and manage execution of new technology efforts for the company. Oversee budgets, timelines, resources, external hardware and software vendor relationships, and progress towards meeting timelines.
- Advance Technology Initiatives – Forward looking technologies used in products will come from the company’s technology team. Work closely with all departments to communicate about new technologies under development and how to apply these technologies to future product releases.
- Functional Design – Ensure the business requirements for all projects are well defined. Continually work with the product development teams to improve the efficiency on how quickly a new application can be rolled out.
- · Perform Supervisory Duties- Including making recruiting and staffing decisions, conduct timely performance and evaluations and assisting with each employee’s training and career development.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree required/Master’s preferred.
- 7+ years IT experience.
- 5+ years leading people and teams.
- 2+ years of vendor evaluation, selection and integration.
- Extensive Project Management skills required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Refined organizational skills.
2336 N Wayne Ave.
Chicago IL 60614
Related job postings
Submit your resume | Email This Post